For a few weeks, we've known this day would come. We'd felt the anticipation, the nervousness, the excitement building. Dan started his new job in Des Moines today. Wow... It's so hard to put into words the feelings that we've all felt the past few weeks. We had hoped that if we had to move (which seemed completely inevitable) that we'd move to Iowa. We've always loved it there. It's a beautiful green in the spring and summer and people are so nice there. It seems like a great place to raise kids... still laid back... So, when Dan was offered the job the day before Christmas Eve, it was such a gift. Since, we've been running around trying to enjoy the holidays, find temporary housing, and find time to say goodbye... I will not be sad yet... but there are so many that I will miss with everything I have. But, for now, I'll go and pack some more and clean some more, and be excited about what the future holds for us! And luckily, after the first day, Dan likes his new job!
Oh... and by the way, if that wasn't big... Owen stood by himself tonight. He's moving toward walking!! Yea!
No comments:
Post a Comment