Sunday, June 7, 2009

Great Friends, Great Weekend!



Sometimes we all just need to be with friends. You know the ones... these are the friends who allow you to be whoever you need to be - happy, sad, frustrated, excited, scared - and, they love you anyway!! I truly am blessed to have some great friends and this weekend I was able to spend some time with a few of them.

Holly and Lisa drove up to Des Moines from Lawrence and picked me and the three of us went to Iowa City to have a girls weekend with Kelly Jo. What a wonderful time we had... We shopped a bit, ate at some fabulous restaurants, went to one of the funniest movies I have EVER seen and just did girl stuff...

I truly needed it! While I love my family dearly, I feel like when I get back from hanging with my friends and having some "me" time with the girls, I come home a better person all around.

So, thanks Dan for being a single parent this weekend. And, so glad there weren't any more major catastrophes.

Thanks kiddos, for being good for daddy so he'll agree to do this again sometime.

And thanks, friends, for taking the time so we could all be together!

No comments: